Sunday, April 10, 2011

Simple Beginnings

It’s taken me a long time to decide on starting a blog.  I’ve always loved to write, but I didn't think anyone would want to read about the simple things I do.

However, on many occasions, various friends have encouraged me to write or teach about some of my creative outlets…some thought I should start a blog about baking (specifically cupcakes…I’ve made my share for a few parties!).  Some friends thought I should start an interior design business (showcasing my house in the portfolio --I’ve turned my generic suburban house into a warm welcoming home).   Other friends have suggested I write about all the hidden treasures I’ve transformed from my antiquing and shopping jaunts. (I certainly love discovering bargains!).

What I’ve realized is this…at some level, we get inspiration from each other…that we either live (at least certain parts of our lives) vicariously through our friends...or learn from them.  And on a deeper level, we all yearn to find or learn new ways to simplify things so we can enjoy what’s precious in our lives. 

So here I am…starting a journey with all of you:  To discover or create things that are simply beautiful…now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...