Since we have uncharacteristically warm weather for the holidays, I figured we might as well embrace the fact that we will have a green Christmas, and I've added a twist to my holiday desserts to reflect the weather.
Using extra gingerbread cookies, here's the only cold and white stuff we'll see for a while.
Gingerbread Ice Cream Sandwich
(makes approximately 6 sandwiches)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Ice cream, flavour as desired (I used vanilla)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the butter, sugar, dry pudding mix and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, ground ginger and cinnamon, beating well after each addition.
- remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into desired cookie shapes, preferably all the same size and shape to make sandwiches.
- Place cookies on baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 min. or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Spread desired amount of ice cream between two cookies.