While we approach the finish line of March Break and school lunches are on the back of my mind (very back), here's a really lovely grilled cheese sandwich geared for adults (although my kids love this too) that slowly gets us back to making sandwiches.
Enjoy the remainder of March Break.
Grilled Gouda and Smoked Salmon Baguette
(Makes 2 sandwiches)
- 4 slices of french baguette bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon chunks and allowed to soften
- 150g package of smoked salmon
- 4 oz Gouda, thinly sliced
- Extra butter for the pan; if needed
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium-heat.
- Place bread on a clean surface
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese on one side, and 1/2 of the salmon on the other side
- Repeat for all the slices of bread.
- Spread each side of bread with one tablespoon of butter.
- Place sandwich in the prepared grill and heat on each side for about 3 minutes each, or until the bread has crisped and the cheese has melted.