I remember overhearing at the playground, a young mother complaining that her child had the right to eat peanut butter at school. Her school was peanut free.
She went on about how allergies in school have gotten out of hand...now there is a ban on all nuts, fish, and eggs because there were too many children with those allergies. And what about her own child's rights.
As she continued to complain, I noticed that her child was running around the playground, pushing and hitting all the children around him.
Of course I shook my head and told her that every child has a right to go to school and live without an analyphalitic death. That there are other options besides peanut butter, fish and eggs to send to with their child for lunch and they can have their "right to eat peanut butter" at home. Then I also pointed out that every child has the right to go to a playground and not be terrorized by a bully (she turned to see who I was referring to, and got embarassingly upset with her child).
I'm not sure how someone who wants these certain "rights" for themselves so selfishly disregard the rights of others. All I know is this...my kids love peanut butter. So, I let them have the right to eat peanut butter...at home. With these amazing easy and delicious peanut butter crispy squares.
Adapted from the book: 150 Delicious Squares
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- Combine first 4 ingreidnets in large saucepan
- Heat and stir on low until melted and thick.
- Remove from heat
- Add cereal and stir until coated.
- Press firmly into a 8x8 inch pan
- Let stand unti set.
- Heat chocolate chips and peanut butter in small bowl and microwave, stopping and stirring intermittently every 20 seconds. Continue until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cereal layer.
- Let sit overnight or in the refrigerator.
Cuts into 24-36 squares. Eat...at home.