Friday, May 04, 2012

a sign of cleanliness


One would think that I would embrace doing laundry.  Theoretically, it's a quiet activity that involves taking care of my family's beloved wardrobe (and if anyone knows about our indulgences, our wardrobe is high up there).


After looking at inspirational photos of laundry rooms, it's given me ideas to revamp our current one.  It will be a huge undertaking, but I've already begun sourcing out some plans. 


In the meantime, I thought I'd create some easy decorative elements...nothing too fancy, but a sign to remind me to continue working on trying to create a little haven in the laundry room.



Simple Laundry Room Sign

I found this little framed mirror and loved the shape of the frame. I thought this would be perfect for hanging single socks looking for mates or towels in the laundry room.  You can use good old picture frames too. 



I first removed the back plate and mirror.  I reused the back plate as the sign itself, and painted it with Olympic's "Delicate White".


Lightly made holes where my hooks will go, then I primed and painted the frame in Olympic's "Secret Passage".




Added two cast iron hooks that I bought at a second hand store.  Then painted the words "laundry". (I tinkered with "drop your drawers here" or "self serve laundry" but stuck with something simple...for now.)




Hopefully this is a sign of more changes that will be done to the laundry room.  I'll keep you posted.








No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...