Friday, May 11, 2012

chocolate and flowers



While going through Easter pictures on Pinterest a few weeks back, I saw many beautiful Easter eggs and thought that since the egg represents birth (as written in my post here), it would naturally be pretty dessert for Mother's Day. 




When my children opened up their Kinder chocolate eggs, I liked how the eggs were the "wrapping" for the gift inside. 


Inspired by the egg cups as mini flower vases (as seen in my last post), I thought it would be perfect to create the flower vase that's both pretty...and edible. (I love to eat!).





Below is a really simple way to make chocolate eggs as "vases".  Fill with whatever you would like...I thought I'd just fill mine with ice cream (use ice cream that doesn't melt so fast...I used a mango sherbet that melted faster than I can place them!) and heart shaped candies that, when you put four of them together (like a clover), with another on top, they look like flowers.  Chocolate?  Check.  Ice Cream?  Check.  Candy? Check.  So simple!  




Happy Mother's Day!






Easy Chocolate Egg Vases.
These eggs can be made 2-3 days in advance, keep eggs in the fridge in an airtight container.


Ingredients
1 cup of chocolate chips
2 tbsp. of butter.


Melt the chocolate chips and butter slowly in a saucepan.  Remove from heat.  The chocolate should be thick, not watery. Let cool and stir so it has the consistency of icing.


Grease the egg cups with butter.


Using an icing spreader (or the back of a small spoon), coat the inside of the egg cups, making a thick "wall".


Chill overnight, then using a sharp knife gently push out the chocolate.  



Remove eggs from the fridge about 10 minutes before serving. Fill with desired contents.  


Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...