Wednesday, May 02, 2012

clean up act


{source}


I've noticed that there are more and more luxuriously designed laundry rooms.  Much like the spa bathroom, I think people are now focusing on making that room a little more appealing since so much time is spent there doing that "dreaded chore" (laundry is my achilles heel!).

Since I'm trying to enjoy doing the chores that I despise, I've started to re-look at our laundry area to find ways to make it more appealing...maybe it would make doing that chore a little easier.

Here are a few beautiful laundry rooms that I've been looking at.  There's some interesting designs that make the room functional as well as beautiful.


I like how the machines are hidden behind cabinets.
{source}


The bead board softens the look of the wall here.  Simple brackets and open shelving with baskets make things easily accessible.

{source}



The stainless steel backsplash and cabinets gives this room just enough "bling", and it's still easy to clean and maintain. 


{source}


If I had an actual laundry room, I like the idea of shelves that hold laundry baskets like this. 

{source}

We'll see how I feel about laundry after I've worked some design magic with ours.  Although maybe I should re-think our closet instead, to be like this...


{source}


Now wouldn't that be clever? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...