Wednesday, March 07, 2012

ladles of love



A Life in Your Hands
If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, she learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame, she learns to be guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, she learns confidence. 
If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness, she learns justice.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, she learns to like herself. 
If children live with acceptance and friendship, they learn to find love in the world.

~by Dorothy Law Holte~


With the pandemonium otherwise known as March Break, I hope we can remind ourselves of this poem, and ladle on the encouragement, praise, fairness, security, approval, acceptance and friendship as much as possible, so our children will always know that even in chaos, we will always love them more than the world.




Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
(adapted from a recipe from an Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients
  • 4 tomatoes, diced.
  • 4 cups vegetable broth or tomato juice
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 14 leaves fresh basil
  • 1 cup half and half cream (or heavy whipping cream for thicker consistency)
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • *Can add a small amount of honey or sugar to neutralize the acid if too acidic.

Directions
  • Place tomatoes, juice and garlic in a stock pot and cook over medium heat, about 30 minutes.
  • Remove the pot from heat, and puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves (I used an immersion hand blender and pureed the tomatoes right in the pot)
  • Return the pot and stir in the heavy cream and butter. 
  • Season with salt and pepper. 
  • Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.


Ladle the soup into a bowl, and enjoy.





3 comments:

  1. Finally! I found you again. I have not been able to add/remove blogs in my sidebar. And your blog is not updating in my dashboard for some reason. I remembered Beautiful was in your blog title so I finally narrowed down the search. :) This tomato soup sounds delish! I do love soup. Time to hit the hay on my side of the world. Hope you are having a good day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding me again! I think the Blogger system isn't functioning too well as they are in the process of removing the Google Friend Connect function...glad to hear from you again. We've been away on a family vacation, so I couldn't respond sooner!

      I am also on Facebook, if that helps!

      Have a great day!

      Delete

What the beautiful people are saying...