For Valentines Day, I was thinking of a few things to write in my Valentine's Day card to "TheM". Here's a few ideas I was tossing around:
- I love you with all my heart...you make me feel complete. (insert *eye roll*...and a wink to those who like Tom Cruise movies...you know who you are).
- You had me at "hello" (or maybe it was the honking diamond ring???...geez, another reference to Tom Cruise again...what's going on here???).
- I love you very much, even if you're an atrocious speller and watch too much golf.
Okay, so maybe I'm not being the most romantic (or suffering from writer's block, yea that's it!) but I do think this "holiday" can sometimes get a little cheesy. So, in honour of Valentine's Day tomorrow...here's two cheesy presents from me to you, to celebrate the occasion.
Love and Romance Movie Tribute
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- 6 oreo cookies, split apart (so you have 12 wafers), cream removed.
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened in the microwave for about 15 seconds)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of raspberry jam (or jam of choice), warmed in the microwave for 25 seconds.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with liners.
- Place 1 oreo cookie/wafer into each muffin liner.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fill each muffin liner with this mixture, approx. half way.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. Top with a teaspoonful of warmed jam or drizzle with chocolate and top with berries.
Enjoy, and say cheese.