Monday, September 19, 2011

coffee, tea or me

I’ve been slowly trying to eliminate coffee from my daily routine.  My love affair with coffee began during my first pregnancy.  Although I couldn’t (wouldn’t) drink coffee while I was pregnant, I did find comfort in the smell of it.  (picture a very pregnant woman standing in front of a coffee shop, just standing, smelling, with eyes closed no less!).

After my second child was born, I started actually drinking coffee.  I felt I needed it to keep up.  To stay awake.  To be able to have the fuel to get through a day of crying (mine) and exhaustion (my husband’s).

But as much as I love coffee, it has come to a time when I should go back to my first love…tea.  I’m now not sure if if I have more energy now than I did when I ran on coffee.  Tea’s soothing power and cleansing ability has given me more strength to think clearly, with less irritability, and more calm. 


Calm is good.  

Mint Tea
Ingredients
·     10 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
·     3 teaspoons green tea
·     3 tablespoons sugar ( or more to taste)
·     4 cups water

Directions
·     Boil the water and pour a small amount in the teapot, to warm the pot.
·     Combine the mint, green tea and sugar in the teapot, then fill it with the rest of the hot water.
·     Let the tea brew for three minutes.


Enjoy the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...