Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Interior Design Dream Team-The Hampton's Beach House

I've always dreamed of a cottage by the ocean...a place to watch the waves, feel the breeze and the sand between the toes. 

I think my secret ambition is to have a cottage so I can create a space that is more relaxed and beach-like, but still sophisticated, like a place in the Hamptons. A place I can eventually retire to.

These interior spaces are my inspirations for my beach house/cottage, designed by one of my favourite designers, Victoria Hagan.

Lots of architectural details, like the panelled walls
add texture and interest in a neutral space.

Refined use of navy acknowledges the nautical elements
outside the window, without looking too "sailor" like.

I love how the bead board ceilings,  raw wood chairs
and pendant lights add a casual feel to an otherwise upscale kitchen. 

The mix of woven chairs with stark white pedestal
table mix casual and refined style.

This is probably the nicest looking bunk bed I've seen yet.

Elegant carpet, rustic chairs and romantic four poster beds make
this bedroom casual, elegant and resort like.

Can you imagine the kids/grandkids staying in this
treehouse/bunkie?  I'd even sleep here!
(although I'd add a skylight to see the stars...)


I can hear the ocean now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...