Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cottage Revisited



After reviewing all the lovely places in Thornbury the other day, although I’d love a beach house designed by Victoria Hagen (as mentioned last week), I think I may have found an equally beautiful cottage/potential retirement home that would also work as a beach house in the summer AND a ski chalet in the winter, and be more suitable for Thornbury living.

I love the crisp white walls, making the place beachy and clean, juxtaposed with the rus
tic exposed beams and architecture, reminiscent of a ski lodge.


Look at all those windows!


Beautiful greyed oak floors with plank table and slipcovered
chairs...easy to change to dark colours for the winter!


Two islands!  The white cabinetry with the industrial
range and hints of black, and rustic wood floors and beams...beautiful!

A place for all those dishes! An entertainer's dream!

The horizontal beadboard panelled walls soften this
sophisticated and upscale bedroom.

A room with a view.

More beds for guests.

Luxurious baths...also with a view.

The marble penny tile is great retro touch...
very cottage inspired yet sophisticated.

Nice place to bath the kids?


{source: Designed by Tracery Interiors, &


Now that I have my getaway home designed in my mind, all I need is the perfect waterfront spot...patience...I need patience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...