Monday, June 20, 2011

Style Icon Inspired-Simplifying a Wardrobe

The Hermes Birkin Bag, the epitome of
classic, clean lined design.


Since I don't have that dream walk-in closet I showed you last week, I'm working on simplifying my wardrobe, so everything fits into the closet I do have.

There was a rumour that Grace Kelly was able to pack for a week's travel, with everything fitting into a bag not much larger than the famous Hermes Birkin "Kelly" bag (the one, of course, named after her).

I think she, like the other style icons listed here, Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn, had something in common...that they wore simple, classic designs in neutral colours. Dresses instead of separates. Muted colours instead of bright colours. Their clothes, while simple in style, always looked effortlessly beautiful.

Elegant, refined, sophisticated chic. Here are a few examples of what I mean.


Elegant
Favorite Designers:  Givenchy and Yves Saint Laurent
{ source: Life }


Refined
Favorite Designer: Oleg Cassini (who inspired Givency at the time)
{source: Life }


Sophisticated Chic
Favorite Designer:  Givenchy
{source: Life}


Upcoming in my next post will be the first "style icon" segment...for each season, I will highlight one key design style that these ladies had in common, compare how they wore this style and find similar clothes that you can find today (in a more approachable price range, of course)...to show how easily achievable it is to be simply beautiful with these timeless and elegant looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...