Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Style Icon Inspired-The Shift Dress

{ sources:  JackieAudreyGrace }

When we think of summer, we usually think of paring down our wardrobe, wearing less when the temperature rises.  I love summer clothes.  No bulk, no fuss. Just pretty simple.  And if you know me, I like to keep things simple...and the shift dress is exactly that.

There seemed to be a common thread amongst my style icons…most particularly their favorite designer, Givenchy (which is not the most readily accessible to most people).  I think Calvin Klein, who designs with simplicity in mind, is like our modern day Givenchy.


Here are a few dresses I've found that are inspired by the ones worn by Jackie, Audrey and Grace.  


These can be found online at: Zappos,  Lord and Taylor

I'll definitely be wearing these dresses this summer...I found these exact dresses at Winners (TJ Maxx/Marshalls in US) in the colours below.  

Found at Winners for less than $60 (as of June 2011)

As usual, I stuck to neutral colours...so these dresses will be fashionable for more than one season.  I also believe, the lighter the colour, say white, the more you should invest in a known name, as clothes that are better made usually have a lining, and will conceal any unmentionables underneath.  The white Calvin Klein dress is nicely lined.


It's amazing how classic and simple never go out of style, and can stand the test of time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...