Wednesday, November 23, 2011

and pesto, it's done!



I like Wednesdays.  It's the "hump" day that signals that we're half way there to the weekend.  The kids have hot lunch at school, which means I get a small "break" from making lunch. Usually I've already planned my week, so I begin to plan for the weekend.  


I like doing little things that help the week move forward.  It mostly involves lists.  Lots of them. With Christmas coming up fast (and Thanksgiving this weekend for my American friends), it's easy to feel a little overwhelmed.  But it's the little steps that help... each time helping me feel more and more accomplished as I finish each one.


When I keep taking small steps and keep moving...all of a sudden, PRESTO, like magic, it all gets done.


Pesto Chicken Goat Cheese & Red Onion Pizza

Ingredients
  • Homemade or pre-purchased pizza dough
  • 3 tablespoons of basil pesto
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup  crumbled goat cheese
  • 2 small chicken breasts, chopped
  • Red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/4 cup of mozzarella, mixed together for topping.

Preparations:
  • Preheat the oven to 450degrees
  • Roll out pizza dough onto a pizza pan.
  • Spread 3 tablespoons (or more, to taste) the pesto onto the dough.
  • Spread the 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.  Add the goat cheese, chopped chicken and onions. 
  • Add the parmesan/mozzarella mix on top.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and browns on top.

Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...