Since Super Bowl is this weekend, many people are preparing "game day" foods (staples such as nachos, chips, chilli...basically anything comforting). While some of those foods aren't exactly the most healthy, here's an easy and delicious way to add some nutrients to your game day menu.
5 Ingredient Easy Guacamole
(Makes about 3 to 4 cups)
While storing in the refrigerator, a trick to prevent the guacamole from turning brown is to place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture.
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and and scoop into a bowl.
- With a fork, mash the avocado, leaving it slightly chunky in texture (if desired).
- Stir in the juice, garlic, salt and red onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with tortilla chips (or as a condiment for game day foods like chilli, nachos or burgers).