This recipe was made on a whim. It just so happened that I had sausages and was stumped for a quick and comforting dinner. This five ingredient recipe took less than an hour to make.
Baked Sausage Penne Pasta
Makes 6-8 Servings
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 454g penne (Rigatoni works too)
- 5 Mild Italian Sausage Links links, sliced (I used Whole Foods Organic Sausages, mild)
- 1 jar (750ml) spaghetti sauce...I used Neal Brother's Garlic Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I shredded mozzarella, gruyere, parmesan and applewood smoked-but if you want to stick with just 5 ingredients, mozzarella works great on it's own too).
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot or dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain the fat.
- Return to the stove and add spaghetti sauce and chicken stock.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to sausage/sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for approx. 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.